ads 728x90

Marketing

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

2 Little Words That Work Marketing Magic

 2 Little Words That Work Marketing Magic

small business marketing, referrals, repeat business, thank you, sales, direct mail, email



Use these two simple words to improve client connections, spur referrals, and boost repeat business.

The second chapter in Dale Carnegie's timeless bestseller, "How to Win Friends and Influence People," is titled "The Big Secret of Dealing With People." This rule, "Give honest and sincere appreciation," sums up the secret.
According to Carnegie, the only way to get anyone to do anything is to make them want to. How do you get clients to recommend you and spread the word about you? By providing them with what they—and all people—desire: genuine and heartfelt acknowledgment.


The phrase "The Two Magic Words"


The key to working with people (or clients) is frequently disregarded or forgotten. Saying "thank you" repeatedly, sincerely, and above all else is all that's required. These two phrases have a magical effect on marketing because consumers want

Additionally, saying "thank you" is a good deed. But avoid saying "thank you" out of flattery. It has to be genuine. You can never express anything other than what you are, as Ralph Waldo Emerson famously stated.

"Thank You" Encourages Referrals

It might be unsettling when referrals are questionable. Could you manage them? No. Are you able to sway them? Absolutely.

You must first provide clients a worthwhile good or service. (I assume you already do this.) However, if you show interest in them long after you've provided the good or service, you could be able to have an even greater impact on their perception.

Every customer's level of satisfaction with your goods and services varies. All of your clients, however, who receive a "thank you" from you feel valued by you. This may influence whether you maintain a connection with them and receive recommendations.

"Thank You" by email or direct mail


Start a thank-you correspondence campaign before using direct mail if you've never done so and are thinking about doing so. Start now if you haven't issued thank-you letters or emails after using direct mail or email.

Your consumers will appreciate the personalized, targeted (you know them, they know you), and efficient thank-you note or email you send them. It will undoubtedly get a favorable response.

Furthermore, if it comes in the mail, it's a welcome surprise. They notice your package. They assume that I must review, approve, or worse, pass a bill in order for something to exist. Surprise! They are valued and significant. And it's you who's telling them that.

Every chance you get, send an email or letter of gratitude. However, avoid enclosing one in a bill or other piece of correspondence. Send it separately at all times.

Writing a letter or email of gratitude


Although the idea behind a thank-you note or email may seem straightforward, actually drafting one can be challenging. Here are 9 guidelines for creating a successful thank-you note or email:

1. <I>Keep it succinct.</I> There is no need for more than six lines.

2. <I>Try to be sincere.</I> This is important. Even when you're trying to be sincere, it can sound odd if you're not careful.

3. <I>Begin by saying "thank you." Dear Ms. Johnson (or your first name, if that's more appropriate): I'm grateful for...

4. <I>Set a friendly but formal tone.</I> Be cordial, but be professional.

5. "I" Reiterate anything good.I>Remind them of a good thing about the relationship.

6. <I>Offer your ongoing assistance.</I> Call me if I can be of assistance.

7. <I>Finally, say "thank you."</I> Once again, many thanks.

8. <I>Use a suitable capping statement.</I> Sincere thanks and regards.

9. I>No hidden agenda.</I> Make it a simple "thank you," as anything else compromises the sincerity.

Keeping this in mind, saying "thank you" is essential to establishing lasting client relationships. Consistently use these two magic words to increase your recommendations and repeat business.

(c) 2005 Stephen Sagebiel




small business marketing, referrals, repeat business, thank you, sales, direct mail, email

No comments:

Post a Comment